Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Arrived in Siena

I arrived in Siena after a full night/day of travel! Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers because the flights were hassle-free. The only chaotic part of the day was figuring out how to get to the Florence bus station, but thankfully I saw another Vandy student who was Siena-bound so we figured it out together. I am all moved in my home for the next seven weeks, with Stella my house mom. She is very sweet and made my roommate and I a delicious Italian meal of chickpea, pasta, and garlic soup, roasted rosemary pork, roasted garlic potatoes, salad, and bread.... of and of course a glass of Chianti! After dinner, my roommate (Ana Rose) and I took a walk around the neighborhood so I could get a little bit acquainted with everything, and the Piazza (the central part of Siena) is beautiful at night. It rained in the early evening, so it was a cool, nice temperature that several Italians were out enjoying. I have a full day of orientation tomorrow and a tour of Siena, so I'll be sure to take some pictures!

1 comment:

  1. That's wonderful that you met someone from Vandy who was Siena bound as well and you guys could figure things out together. It really sounds like your house mother can cook- Delicious! A nice evening walk around there sounds so nice! I miss Siena! You're going to have a wonderful time. I'm glad you're safe and having a wonderful time. Thanks for the update!
    Ciao bella!

    ReplyDelete