Friday, July 30, 2010

Ciao!

Last night was our last dinner with CET, and we ate at a great restaurant called Pizzeria Nonno Mede. It overlooked the city of Siena, San Domenico church, and the Duomo – a beautiful view at night, especially with the lightening storm lighting up the sky. We had a huge meal complete with antipastas, bruschetta, pizza, tiramisu, and wine. I definitely ate more at this dinner than any other! Afterwards, we headed to Niccio for our last contrada party and got stuck in a huge rainstorm during it. But it was a great end to our time here, soaking up some of the Sienese Palio culture. I need to keep this brief since are having one final goodbye lunch with Stella now. Then at 2pm, I’ll be heading to Florence to spend my last day in Italy with the Sovocool brothers (friends of John’s from Wheaton)! It’s bound to be a great day! I’ll be flying home tomorrow at 10am (Italy time) and should be returning by 6pm FL time, so I appreciate everyone’s prayers for safe and efficient travels. And thank you for following my blog while I’ve been away – it’s been exciting for me to share my adventures with you back home and know of all the love and support headed my way from America. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment